J. MICHAEL TURNER, P.E.
Download PDF Version
Experienced professional engineer registered in Texas, Pennsylvania, Missouri and North Carolina. President of Olden Associates with more than twenty-five years experience in all phases of engineering including contracts, engineering, project management inspections/certifications, billing and warranty issues. A graduate of Texas A&M University with a Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering, I am a member of key professional organizations in the field and have been actively involved in large and small projects alike. A selected listing of representative projects is attached with references available upon request.
Texas A&M University
College Station, Texas
Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering, 1976
Texas A&M University
College Station, Texas
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, 1974
301 Tactical Fighter Wing
Carswell AFB, USAF
Fort Worth, Texas
Registered Professional Engineer – State of Texas – 50896
Registered Professional Engineer- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania PE-039019R
Registered Professional Engineer – State of North Carolina – 15955
Registered Professional Engineer – State of Missouri – E-2001000392
The National Council of Examiners for Engineering Surveying Certificate Holder (NCEES)
American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
Architectural Aluminum Manufacturers Association (AMMA)
International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO)
President, Olden Associates, Rockwall, Texas (1991-Present)
- Responsible for completion of Principal’s (Olden and Company) work on behalf of their Surety for six (6) bonded construction projects. Provided litigation support, claims assessment and project close out functions. Work included contracts in Los Angeles, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Houston, TX; Phoenix, AZ; and Charlotte, NC. Handled all aspects of the contracts from engineering, project management, billing and warranty issues.
- Curtain wall consultant for the Owner/Architect of commercial office buildings including buildings in Los Angeles, Austin and San Antonio. Perform due diligence studies, develop bid package of drawings and specifications for required work, and monitor progress of the successful contractor.
- Provide property claims engineering investigations for foundation structural movement and interior damages to the Insurance industry.
- Provide Surety claims consultation for defaulted contractors including cost to complete analysis, project site inspections, document reviews, warranty claims and expert witness testimony.
- Provide expert witness testimony/litigation support on building envelope system matters. Projects include locations in San Antonio, New Orleans, Dallas, Minneapolis, and Philadelphia.
Director of Engineering, Olden and Company, Dallas, Texas (1989-1991)
- Responsible for management of structural engineering, estimating, computer resources and technical services in Dallas and California operations with annual sales of $30 million.
- Negotiated with general contractors and/or owners/developers on multi-million dollar contracts.
- Directed negotiations with customers and suppliers regarding scheduling and manpower to achieve appropriate schedules to complete projects on time.
- Provided technical support for the Company and managed the Technical Services Group which provided consulting services to owners, developers and architects.
- Organized and developed a team approach to manage effectively the Engineering Group and Estimating Group, which supported the Project Managers and a staff of 50 salaried employees.
Chief Engineer, Olden and Company, Dallas, Texas (1984-1989)
- Directed and managed the Engineering Group and implemented a computer assisted engineering system to improve productivity within the engineering department.
- Implemented a Computer Aided Design (CAD) system which was used in the design/development and production.
- Estimated projects for lump sum and guaranteed maximum contracts for the Company.
Project Manager, Olden and Company, Dallas, Texas (1978-1983)
- Managed commercial building projects including production of shop drawings, scheduling, purchasing and expediting.
- Monitored shop and field activities to insure timely and profitable operation of contracted work.
Engineering Research Associate, Texas Transportation Institute, Dallas, Texas (1977-1978)
- Managed the Dallas office of TTI responsible for research studies on bus priority signalization and computer coordinated intersection signals along the North Central Corridor.
Engineering Research Associate, Texas Transportation Institute, College Station, Texas (1976-1977)
- Responsible for design and implementation of highway research studies funded by the Federal Highway Administration and the Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation.
“Frontage Road Ramp to Cross-Street Distance Requirements in Urban Freeway Design”, TRB No. 682.
“An Approach to Real-Time Diversion of Freeway Traffic During Maintenance Operations”, TRB No. 683.
“Analysis of Diamond Interchange Operation and Development of a Frontage Road Level of Service Evaluation Program – PASSER III – Final Report”, TTI Research Report 178-2F.
Representative Projects (Selected, Olden and Company)
- First Place, Tyler, Texas – 12-Story Structure – Contract: $522,014
- Reunion Arena, Dallas, Texas – Sports Arena – Contract: $684,013
- Diamond Shamrock Building, Dallas, Texas – 34-Story Structure – Contract: $3,693,410
- First Texas Savings Association, Dallas, Texas – 11-Story Structure – Contract: $1,571,742
- Southwestern Bell Telephone, Dallas, Texas – 37-Story and 14-Story Structures – Contract: $4,350,936
- Walnut Glen Tower, Dallas, Texas – 17-Story Structure – Contract: $4,038,305
- The Crescent, Dallas, Texas – Multi-use Office, Hotel and Retail Center – Contract: $5,287,140
- Texas Commerce Tower at 2200 Ross, Dallas, Texas – 56-Story Structure – Contract: $18,600,000
- Wilshire Landmark II, Los Angeles, California – 17-Story Structure – Contract: $6,000,000
- St. Luke’s Medical Tower, Houston, Texas – 32-Story Structure – Contract: $7,300,000
- Greyhound/ Dial Corporate Headquarters, Phoenix, Arizona – 24-Story Structure – Contract : $6,530,487
- Liberty Place II, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – 60-Story Structure – Contract: $18,650,000
References Available Upon Request